Labels

Tuesday, May 9, 2017

Why I Talk So Much Here About Being Bisexual

I feel sometimes like I talk "too much" about being bisexual on my blog, though it may be just my own insecurities. And I may be a little obsessive about it right now, because I only had an inkling three years ago--until then I had thought I was straight. And by "inkling" I mean I had an instant crush on another girl, the same way I had had instant crushes on some guys. She was a stranger, but she was just that good-looking, to me at least. So that was a very frightening experience, because I had never thought of myself having that side before, and now here it was, so obvious it was practically slapping me in the face.
I also recently discovered that I could find cheap queer books online, and so for the first time in my life, I can dive into that subject like I have never been able to before. I love it! It is so hard to find queer books where I live, much less find them cheaply or find good ones. I hardly even care about being a "prepper" for potential personal hard times anymore, except when it comes to hoarding good (queer and neutral) books, so there goes another subject I used to write regularly about.

I talk about being bisexual a lot here. But that's partly because almost all of my interesting (to me) thoughts relate to it or touch on it, at least at this point in my life.
But I have a whole life, too. I get up and feed my chickens just like anyone else. I've recently found a podcast on Youtube, Tomefoolery, that talks about very strange books. (And yes, the host, Cody Melcher, is gay, but gay issues specifically don't come up very often in the show. And it still has some interesting episodes.) I really like to go through my things and get rid of some of them, to the point that most people would probably think that's strange. I just got done with tax season as a tax preparer, and that was very hard on an introvert like me.
But all of these other things that make up my life don't make me say, "So that's why some gay men don't like feminine men--misogyny is part of it! It's considered dishonorable for men to be like women," and, "So that's why that other book said that raids on gay bars considerably increased in the fifties--after the war, there was pressure on everyone to get married and have children--the baby boom!"
I make so many discoveries when reading about queer stuff. And I may go into these subjects more in-depth later.
But I guess my blog is mostly a gay blog for now. I would feel a little better about that if it had a gay title, but then that would constrain me to queer subjects, which I also don't want. Straight people may not realize it, but there are a lot things about being bisexual/queer that I find fascinating. Maybe they're not as interesting if one is straight, but there's still an audience for these themes. I guess I'll just have to find the right audience, if I don't have it already.
So please be warned, this blog is very gay. Thank you. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment