Labels

Sunday, September 25, 2016

LGBT: Gay Means Happy

 Gay means happy. Since realizing that coming out and being myself would be a whole easier, and a lot more fun, if I tried to be gay in both senses of the word, those have been the words I try to remember. Gay means happy. And I have also been working to expand my vocabulary.
Pretty colors are bright and gay. In a good mood, I'm happy and gay. I've got a good life, and I'm very gay about my life.When I'm down, I play a gayme with myself, thinking of ten things in my life that make me feel gay. I love this gaily colored candle; my cats make me so gay when they cuddle with me. When I'm upset with someone, I'm not very gay with them.
It creates all kinds of interesting and gaily fun confusion in our modern world! :)
It's an effort to remember all this, but I'm going to try. If gay means happy, then it is a positive thing, a good and wonderful thing. By doing this, I believe we can all combat the trend of using "gay" as a euphemism for stupid or bad. This trend is especially popular among middle schoolers and those with equivalent maturities (sorry,  a lot of middle schoolers, don't mean to insult you).
I'm hoping that by using "gay" in both traditional senses of the word, that we can change the world. So I'm going to try to remember to use this wonderful, gay word whenever I can, because it means happy, and it also means AJ. 
My self-esteem has already felt the wonderful, gay effects from this effort. I'm very gay about the way it's working out for me. And I can't stop smiling when I use that word like that.
And it also provides an instant way to come out, because every time anyone ever says, "How are you?" I can answer, with a big smile, "I'm feeling very happy and gay today." Gay means happy, don't you see? Oh, yeah, well, I'm that too, hahaha!
Gay is happy. Even if it doesn't seem like it now, someday, this will be true for you. Someday you will enjoy being both senses of the word. And slowly but surely, we can create a new and gayer world, for everyone.
Someday, they will no longer be able to steal your gayness and gaiety. As much as you can, don't let them. Cut them out of your life as much as possible, to shield yourself from their negativity. There's a reason anti-gay people also tend to be very angry and unhappy people. They're literally anti-happy!
Gay means happy, and if it also refers to a part of you, you can learn to love yourself by using it in that sense, if only just to yourself at first.
Hope you all have a very gay day.

No comments:

Post a Comment